Face It are proud to announce certification in Dermaplaning or Epidermal Levelling. A simple safe procedure with no downtime, it exfoliates the skin surface and removes vellus (peach fuzz) hair.
Using a scalpel and a light touch, we simply abrade the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes. It is a great treatment for those who have excess vellus hair on the skin, as this hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives the client brighter, healthier looking skin.
Dermaplaning does not affect the actual hair follicle. Every individual hair follicle has its own individual DNA, which we are born with. This will determine whether it is vellus (light, thin) or terminal (thicker, darker). Terminal hairs are predetermined, they tend to appear due to hormone changes i.e.pregnancy, menopause and hormonal abnormalities. True, once the hair is cut, it has a blunt edge. But this blunt edge does not mean that the hair structure itself has been physiologically altered. So therefore, Dermaplaning does not affect how your hair would regrow. It will grow back at the same rate and texture as before the treatment.
Single Treatment $95 (45mins)
Dermaplaning with Lactic Peel $145
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Instant improvement to skin tone and texture
- Skin will be softer to the touch and smoother in appearance
- Brighter complexion with a more youthful glow
- Active ingredients in skin care products penetrate more deeply improving your results
- Removes vellus hair
- No pain – just a light pressure
- No chemicals, unless you choose to have a peel afterwards for deeper exfoliation.
- Make-up glides on easily, making it the ideal pre-event treatment
- Suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive skins
- Assists in reducing blocked follicles (blackheads) and milia
- Can be performed on clients using Retinols (Vitamin A’s)
- Minimal risk of post-procedure breakouts
- There is NO downtime – mild pinkness can be expected for 30-60 minutes
- Safe for pregnant/lactating women
- Increases skins firmness and elasticity
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles
This treatment is a good alternative for clients with sensitive skin who are not suitable for Microdermabrasion. There is no down time associated with the treatment. The treatment can be used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with a chemical peel for better penetration of product. For best results we recommend a course of 4-8 treatments with 3-4 week intervals if you require this treatment for brightening and skin exfoliation. Results will be seen with each and every treatment, and treatments can be ongoing. If you are requiring this treatment for the hair removal benefits, the treatments are ongoing and you can do these around 4-6 weeks apart
For your safety all equipment used during your treatment is single use and sterile.
Click here to book